Thursday, March 02, 2006

Spencer..One of the few good men..


Please give me a little time to tell you something about this man. Spencer is one of the guys I met when I attended the wedding of my two good friends Erin and Andrew. He provided the guests with his unmatched musical talent .One of the well known musicians in New York. The wedding was great! Its a beach wedding too, so we all had the chance to enjoy the sand, sun and the Ocean. Earlier that day, Spencer and I decided to hit the surf along with the other guys. He was keen to learn to surf, so i gave him a few tips and there he goes! Few more days and he'll be saying "Surf's up Dude!". Anyway, after his turn, he passed the board to another friend.When I was teaching this guy I didnt notice that we were on a rip until i let go of him along with my board, so I was left on a rip floating and could'nt go anywhere. The guy on my board got swept away but he was ok he was on my board. I was signalling him to paddle towards me and pick me up before i get swept away. He was trying but probably he had a hard time as well. I tried swimming towards the side but it did'nt work. a bit rough that day..I was not in a panic stage because the water is only neck deep.I gave signal to the people on the beach to grab a board and pick me up. It seems nobody understood me until Spencer came to the rescue. Without hesitations, he ran up to me in his Speedos and NO BOARD. I said to myself " Oh no we both gonna get stuck here on the rip".One meter close to me , he gave me his hand, I grabbed it and tried not pull him and let him pull me instead so we wont get into trouble but in a brief moment, we both had the same facial expression" Oh uh!" but we made it.
I would say, Spencer was my hero that day. He knows that I was not drowning but without his helping hand, I would have been floating and starving now somewhere in Fiji. Spencer must have learned surfing that day but me, myself have learned something more valuable,that somewhere out there, there is still a few good men like Spencer, who didnt hesitate to put himself in danger to save someone he hardly knows.That shows that this man is not only gifted with a remarkable musical talent but has a pure heavenly SOUL...
SPENCER I SALUTE YOU!!!
Thank you very much...
"SURF'S UP DUDE!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home